KCMPT 2022 New Play Festival
KC Melting Pot is now accepting submissions for their 2022 New Play Festival. We are only accepting plays written by Black playwrights living in the United States. The play can cover any topic or theme however we are not accepting musicals, adaptations, children’s shows or one character shows at this time. We are also only accepting full-length plays at this time.
How to Submit
- We are only accepting the first 75 plays or until January 31st, 2022. Whichever comes first.
- One play per playwright
- Email your play to email@example.com with the name of the play in the
- Also include a brief synopsis of the play in the body of the email.
- Please do not submit any other documents besides the play. No bios, resumes, headshots or introductions needed.
- Scripts should be written in standard play format, 12 point font (New Courier or Times New Roman) and in a PDF format
- No previous productions, however prior readings are acceptable
Three finalists will be selected and their plays will be read during our New Play Festival in
summer 2022. Our judging panel will then select a winner who will receive a workshop
production of their play summer 2023. Finalists will be notified on or before April 1st, 2022.